Tips to finding happiness and satisfaction in a relationship: Express admiration and affection. The idea is to look for ways to appreciate and feel warmth for your partner, and express those things. Send unexpected text messages, leave a loving note near the … Continue reading
Tips to finding happiness and satisfaction in a relationship:
- Express admiration and affection. The idea is to look for ways to appreciate and feel warmth for your partner, and express those things. Send unexpected text messages, leave a loving note near the bathroom sink in the morning, or even do small favors.
- Make room in your head. We are happiest when we reserve space in our heads for our significant others. keeping knowledge in your head about everyday things like important foods or movies adds to your private love map of him or her.
- Accept influence from each other. Many people define power in relationships as the control we have over each other, but another way to define power is the balance of influence each person has on the other.
- Know your partner’s inner world. A key to happiness in relationships is knowing each other’s meanings and symbols, finding the dreams within conflicts, and creating shared meanings.
Many people say that relationships are hard work, but this is only partly true. The key to happiness in your relationship is learning habits that keep your partner feeling happy and safe. Once you do that the habit will take over and the effort of keeping a happy relationship stops seeming like hard work.
Visit our website for more information on how we can help you learn tips and techniques for keeping a happy relationship! www.starpointcounselingtampa.com
Short and simple, 7 ways your relationship can reach it’s potential:
- Mutual respect. If you don’t have this, it will be a rough road to go down. It doesn’t mean you have to agree with everything your partner says or does, but you do have to have admiration and trust with each other. You must have your partner’s back.
- Arguing, not fighting. Yes, there is a difference. Arguing is non-combative, you and your partner take turns saying you own point and views on the situation without name calling or yelling. Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree.
- Agreement on sex. You’re both okay with how often you have sex, how you have sex, where you have sex, and there’s mutual participation. You also must find time to have sex, no matter how tired or busy you are.
- Agreement on parenting. If the two of you don’t agree on a parenting style, you need to have a talk. If you don’t have kids yet but are thinking about it, you must have this conversation.
- Equality with money. You both have an equal say in where the money goes. You discuss with your partner before making large purchases. If sharing an account is too complicated and you are always fighting about money then there is nothing wrong with having separate accounts.
- Common goals and values. Couples with very different interests can have healthy relationships, what counts is that they share common goals and values. Work together on setting one-year, five-year, and even ten or twenty-year goals. Working towards something big together helps strengthen your bond.
- Have FUN! Enough said. Make time to have fun. Life gets too serious without enjoying the good things and getting your dose of laughter every day.
Would you like more advise and tips on how to keep your relationship happy and healthy? Visit our website for information on how we can help you!
There always comes a time when you realize that there are things that need to be done, changed, or kept the same. Remember those new year’s resolutions? Whether it is to lose weight, get a new job or car, or to simply be happy, we all have those goals that we end up fulfilling… or in worse cases, not fulfilling.
We all have to admit, sometimes life gets in the way and we tend to forget about our resolutions, but we must take time to actually reflect on ourselves (the right way) and realize our resolutions/goals.
Here are some simple steps to follow in order to be successful in putting action towards your goals:
- First, ask yourself questions.
For example, if you are unhappy at your current job, ask yourself, ‘how can you be happy at your job?’ Asking yourself ‘how’ as opposed to ‘why’ questions can be effective in figuring out what steps to take in order to answer that question.
- Next, be truthful to yourself and make a decision that you can stick to.
Once you have found what you can realistically do to fulfilling your resolution, you are on step closer to a happier you.
You have all heard that phrase – ‘action speaks louder than words.’ Reflecting on yourself can be moot if you just recognize what is wrong with your life without doing anything about it… what you need to do is commit to a plan and put your plan into action. It may all seem hard to do, but when you put your mind to it, everything just falls into place.
To read more, click here
Hope everyone had a great fourth of July! As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to email us!
Whether it is stress from home (family or relationships) or stress from work (no job or too much workload), every one of us is bound to be stressed and it inevitably harms our health.
Now, though there is no such thing as an overnight potion to make everything better, here are a few tips you can try to implement in your lives that may potentially help you feel better (emotionally and physically):
- balance your work and personal lives (it may seem difficult at first, but it will eventually get better)
- avoid consuming too much alcohol or caffeine (as this may add on more stress, making you do crazy things or feel incredibly pumped one moment and lethargic the next)
- eat healthy (do not substitute fast foods or sweets as your main source of foods)
- drink lots of water
- pick an exercise routine that suits you and exercise daily (whether it is jogging or riding a bike for 30 minutes per day)
- limit technology use at night (and yes, that includes phones and computers)
- have a set sleeping schedule (including weekends)
Hope these tips will help you slowly, but surely, lead a healthier and happier lifestyle!
For a more in-depth analysis of yourself and a more thorough plan to guarantee you a healthier and happier lifestyle, call Star Point Counseling Center today to schedule an appointment with one of our licensed counselors!