Is your child having a hard time transitioning between schools? Sometime it is difficult for a child who has transferred schools multiple times to easily transition and become comfortable in a new setting. If your child is verbalizing fear of attending school or exhibiting high levels of anxiety over separating from you during the day here are some helpful tips to improve their school experience:
- Schedule extra time to prepare him or her for the transition from home to school.
- Let them know you believe in them and have full confidence in their abilities!
- Establish a morning routine to help them prepare for the day
- Allow him or her to participate in extracurricular activities after school
- Encourage and reinforce them for their attempts to do well in school
However, not all anxiety can be easily managed even with the right tools to do it individually. Sometimes, you need to reach out for help from someone who can help you and your child feel comfortable. As always, at Star Point Counseling we are here for you. So, if you are experiencing difficulty with your child please visit our website starpointcounselingtampa.com or give us a call at (813)-244-1251