Sleepless nights of restlessly turning over in bed for hours on end, worrying about what tomorrow’s day has to come…
If this sounds like something you are currently going through you might have a problem. Many people undergo excessive worrying and fear that interferes in their daily life, in most cases causing tiredness, shakiness, dizziness, nausea and shortness of breath. Do you find yourself feeling constantly on edge that you can’t fall asleep at night or even have a hard time concentrating at work? If you are experiencing any of those symptoms here are some tips that may help you with your anxiety:
- Take time out of your day to relax. Listen to music, do yoga, or get a massage, and practice relaxation techniques that help you clear your head.
- Eat a well balanced diet. Do not skip meals and maintain a healthy diet.
- Exercise. Daily exercise will help you stay fit and relieve stress.
- Take deep breaths. When you feel anxious inhale and exhale slowly, maybe while counting to 10 slowly.
- Learn what triggers your anxiety. Is it work, family, school, or something else you can identify that makes you anxious? Write down when you are feeling stressed and look for a pattern.
- Talk to someone!!! Talk to supportive friends or family and let them know how they can help you. Also don’t hesitate to talk to a physician or therapist for professional help.
Not all anxiety can be easily managed even with the right tools to do so. Sometimes, you need to reach out for help from someone who can help you take control of your life and enhance your ability to cope with life’s anxieties. As always, at Star Point Counseling we are here for you. So, if you are experiencing difficulty in areas of life please visit our website starpointcounselingtampa.com or give us a call at (813)-244-1251. We Care!