Short and simple, 7 ways your relationship can reach it’s potential:
- Mutual respect. If you don’t have this, it will be a rough road to go down. It doesn’t mean you have to agree with everything your partner says or does, but you do have to have admiration and trust with each other. You must have your partner’s back.
- Arguing, not fighting. Yes, there is a difference. Arguing is non-combative, you and your partner take turns saying you own point and views on the situation without name calling or yelling. Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree.
- Agreement on sex. You’re both okay with how often you have sex, how you have sex, where you have sex, and there’s mutual participation. You also must find time to have sex, no matter how tired or busy you are.
- Agreement on parenting. If the two of you don’t agree on a parenting style, you need to have a talk. If you don’t have kids yet but are thinking about it, you must have this conversation.
- Equality with money. You both have an equal say in where the money goes. You discuss with your partner before making large purchases. If sharing an account is too complicated and you are always fighting about money then there is nothing wrong with having separate accounts.
- Common goals and values. Couples with very different interests can have healthy relationships, what counts is that they share common goals and values. Work together on setting one-year, five-year, and even ten or twenty-year goals. Working towards something big together helps strengthen your bond.
- Have FUN! Enough said. Make time to have fun. Life gets too serious without enjoying the good things and getting your dose of laughter every day.
Would you like more advise and tips on how to keep your relationship happy and healthy? Visit our website for information on how we can help you!