In actuality narcissists are not easy to spot. If they came off as jerks, bragging and boasting then it would be easy. But narcissists usually portray themselves as charming and charismatic, reeling you in like a fish on a hook. They can be exciting, entertaining, attractive, sexy, and come off as the life of the party, unless you know these tell-tale signs for identifying them.
- Marked need for attention. Narcissists need to be the center of attention, seeking admiration is like an addiction for them. Watch to see if they are constantly seeking compliments.
- Extremely selfish. They are self-centered people who regard others as having no value at all to them if they are not doing something for themselves.They constantly put others down in order to make themselves appear superior.
- Unpleasant verbal behavior. While narcissists love to talk about themselves and love the sound of their own voice, they don’t always sound pleasant to others. They engage in more unpleasant behaviors such as arguing, cussing, and using sexual language. Their rage is the expression and confirmation of their power over people.
- Never apologize. No matter how much they have misbehaved, caused a problem, or hurt someone else in the process they will not apologize.. ever. In fact, it is not unusual for them to turn things around and put the blame on you.
- Tear people down. Narcissists are known for building you up when that is what you need. And when your skies are clear and sunny, they will start tearing you down out of the blue.
- Poor listener. If others are speaking, they will try to bring the conversation back to themselves or their topic of choice. They will not remember your likes and dislikes because they simply does not care.
If this describes someone you are in a relationship with, and you would like to learn more information on how to deal these narcissistic qualities or get out of the relationship. call us today so we can help! (813)244-1251